Dental bridges have been used to replace one or more missing teeth for many years and have become a more effective and lasting option with the use of dental implants. Viera, FL dentists Dr. Dominic Roppa and Dr. Kara Marshall-Roppa offer dental bridges as a tooth replacement option and work with patients to create a cosmetically pleasing, natural looking and comfortable restoration.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are basically three types of dental bridges:
- Fixed bridge: a traditional fixed bridge of one or more prosthetic teeth is anchored on either side by dental crowns.
- Cantilever bridge: when a missing tooth (or teeth) only has remaining teeth on one side for attaching a bridge.
- Maryland bonded bridge: for teeth that do not experience strong biting forces, this type of bridge requires minimal tooth preparation to attach supporting metal bands that hold the filler teeth.
Dental bridges can be made from porcelain, ceramic or metal materials- often a combination of these- for a durable and secure result. Our cosmetic dental bridges will be color matched to your natural teeth and made from high quality materials to enable you to enjoy a functional bite that will last.
Implant Supported Dental Bridge
Dr. Roppa and Dr. Marshall-Roppa often recommend the use of dental implants to replace missing teeth or to secure a bridge. The development of dental implants has revolutionized tooth replacement and provides patients with options that are more secure and comfortable. In addition, the use of dental implants offers important long term dental health benefits when used to replace one or more teeth:
- Bone retention: the implanted post functions much like a tooth root and stimulates healthy bone cell growth to reduce jaw shrinkage and changes in the fit of the bite.
- Normal eating and speaking: dental implants fit into your bite like natural teeth, enabling normal speech and a varied, healthy diet- no fears of losing your teeth!
Schedule An Appointment
To learn more about replacing missing teeth with a dental bridge, schedule a consultation at Smile Viera. Contact our office at (321) 614-3833 or request an appointment online.